<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 28, 2005

Salsa Making Lesson 

I like mild salsa, so that's what I'll create for you. Remember, all measurements are RELATIVE. I rarely actually use measurements, so do not be afraid to expiriment. I like Tina's recipe. I just have my own taste when it comes to salsa. I did after all, make a lot of salsa in mexican restaraunts. There will be a future post for a different flavored, chunky hot salsa recipe. Have to get cooperation from the husband. Now we have all of our 'stuff'. This part is easy. Throw it all in the blender. If you have a stick mixer great. One thing though, do not overmix, you don't want to taste tomato sauce. You want it to be smooth. Do put in your spices as they will mix thoroughly into your other flavors. The thing about salsa is, the longer it's been made, the more your flavors will develop. If you are using immediately, then it's ok to adjust your spices. If you are using it later on, adjust spices then. Trust me, I have tasted salsas and they are very different with just one day's difference. Go, expiriment, enjoy the simplicity of salsa with the ability to 'make it your own'. Cooking can be a fun expirience. On a side note, I expiriment with all food I make. If I don't like it, it goes in the trash, No one knows when I make bad things.
Tip: Salsa takes a long time to go bad. I am going to tell you how to 'tell' if it does. This applies to anything with tomatoes in it. If you see it boiling in the refrigerator, it is bad. Not until that point. Salsa is good for a long time. By boiling I mean boiling. You may want to try this to see, I find it highly amusing.

[Top]