<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The One thing I cannot live without 

The one kitchen appliance I cannot and will not live with out is my slow cooker.... I love my slow cooker. I cook in it at least once a week.. Today I have my roast in it... I took a 4 lb roast covered it in peppercorns.. you really have to push them into the meat to stay there. I put some water in the crockpot covered at least half my roast in water... Water is the key indgredient when slow cooking.... I let the roast cook on low for about 4 hours, then I added 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.I let that cook for a another couple of hours, Right now I have it on simmer... About 1/2 hour before we are set to eat I will add some brown gravy mix .... Pour the gravy mix in a measuring cup and add just enough water to make a paste then add that to your roast...If you don't premix you will never get the clumps out... Anytime I have to prepare a meal my guests always ask me to fix the roast....Since my husband does not like whole potatoes other than baked.. I serve this with mashed potatoes, and glazed carrots( I glaze them with Hot Pepper Jelly) they have a little kick to them...Today I am suprising him with homemade rolls...What is the one kitchen appliance you can't live with out and if you have a recipe to go with it please share

[Top]